News & Upcoming Events
Sunday, Sept. 10 - Homecoming/Rally Sunday: Help us kick off our new church year and celebrate our CE teachers and students.
Sunday, Sept. 17 - Newark Community Day: The New Ark will have a booth at this annual event on the UD green. Want to learn more about NAUCC or are curious about the United Church of Christ and their beliefs? Come visit us!
Sunday, Sept. 24 at 11 a.m. Youth/Adult Confirmation class
Hurricane Emergency Clean-Up Items Still Sought
Church World Service is soliciting “Emergency Cleanup Buckets” as they respond to the Hurricane Harvey tragedy.
There's been great response from many at the New Ark, but more is needed as we are trying to complete at least four buckets.
We will assemble these buckets immediately after worship on Sunday, Sept. 17.
- Sponges (small and large)
- Liquid laundry soap and liquid disinfectant dish soap
- Clothespins (48-50 count) and clotheslines (50 or 100 ft.)
- Dust masks
- Non-surgical latex gloves
- Work gloves (cotton with leather palm or all leather)
Peace Week Delaware
Several events in the Newark area have been scheduled in honor of Peace Week DE, offering opportunities for activism to advance peace:
- Sept. 17-24, display of books and other items related to a culture of peace at the Newark Free Library.
- Sunday, Sept. 17, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. 'Alternatives to Violence' booth, at Newark Community Day.
- Monday, Sept. 18, 1-2 p.m. tour of STAR Health Campus, STAR Health Atrium, 540 S. College Ave.
- Monday, Sept. 18, 7-8:30 p.m. "Peace-building in West Asia: Reflections from the field in Iran and Pakistan," with UD Professor Dr. Saleem Ali, Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Newark, Mackinnon Hall, 420 Willa Road.
- Wednesday, Sept. 20, 6-9:30 p.m. "Rumi: Poems of Peace, Love, and Harmony," Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Newark.
- Thursday, Sept. 21, 3:30-4:30 p.m. tour of STAR Health Campus, STAR Health Atrium.
- Thursday, Sept. 21, 5-6:30 p.m. "Resilience in the Face of Trauma, A Mindfulness Approach," STAR Health Atrium.
- A march and rally is slated for Saturday, Sept. 23. The march begins and ends in Wilmington’s Rodney Square, 10th and Market Streets, and is followed by A Day of Peace rally on the Square.
More details about each event and the full schedule for Peace Week Delaware 2017 can be found here.